Tuesday, August 6, 2013

MLB: Alex Rodriguez suspended for 211 games ?!



Alex Rodriguez returning to the fields of baseball this Monday after hip surgery, should've been a joyful day. Instead A Rod finds out he's been suspended until the end of the 2014 MLB season. 


It was discovered Rodriguez was involved with the South Florida anti-aging clinic Biogenesis. 12 others players are banned for just 50 games including three All-Stars: Nelson Cruz of the Texas Rangers, Everth Cabrera of the San Diego Padres and Jhonny Peralta of the Detroit Tigers. 

A Rod spoke at news conference Monday on the issue "Obviously, I'm disappointed with the news today.  "Probably the worst time of my life for sure," he said. "Obviously, for the circumstances that are at hand, and dealing with a tough surgery and a rehab program and being 38."

When asked about finally being able to return Rodriguez says  
"I am thrilled and humbled to have the opportunity to put on this uniform again and to play major league baseball again" , It's been 20 years ... very excited to get out there to play baseball and to help my team win and to prove to myself, my teammates, the fans of New York, the fans of baseball, that I still have a shot to play the game at a high level and I'm going to give it my best"

When asked if he's denying using the enhancement drugs he said "We'll have a forum to discuss all of that and we'll talk about it then" 

A Rods suspension is equivalent of 211 regular-season games but he has 72 hours to inform MLB that he will appeal. Rodriguez will be allowed to play until his appeal is heard. 

Though baseball is a yawn for a girl like me I support my Yankees and Lord knows they need a championship. A Rod is too old for this bull and its not looking to good for him. If its one thing money can buy that's a great lawyer! I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worse. Good luck A Rod and stay away from South Florida! 



Ms.Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment