Monday, September 23, 2013

Lil Wayne Retiring from Hip Hop?!

Who remembers back in 2011 when Lil Wayne said he would retire at the age of 35? Well he's sticking to his word, in an interview with Katie Couric Wayne shares his plans of retirement!

Wayne's main focus is spending time with his children once he's retired. When asked by Couric if he thought he would be able to retire so soon, Wayne said, "Oh I know I'll be able to retire at 35 because I am so ready to retire now."

Wayne lights up with joy speaking of his four children (1 girl and 3 boys ) and how he wants them to live their lives! "Whatever they want to be, whatever they want to do," Wayne said about his children. "I don't want to have no influence on 'Hey you must do this, hey you must do that,' because I didn't have that. Because I didn't have that I grew up to be exactly what I wanted to be and how I wanted to be. I want that for all of my kids."

Some might feel like 35 is young to retire from music when you've worked as much as Lil Wayne alil break won't hurt. Weezy said in an interview with Hot 97 "This is what happens when you work very, very hard," "People think that when you say you work hard, they think you put two extra hours in. This is my life. That's why retiring at 35 would be a life lived, because this music thing is my life. So retiring at 35 would be enough."

Lil Wayne released his latest album, "I Am Not a Human Being II," in March. Which made #2 on the Billboard 200 and was certified gold. Recently Wayne head lined his Amerikas Most Wanted tour and he just dropped his 5th gangster grills mixtape with DJ Drama Dedication 5. Wayne has said that his retirement should start after the release of his forthcoming album "Tha Carter V." There's been no word on his plans for that album release! "Tha Carter IV" was released in 2011.

Do you think 35 is too soon to retire? Will Wayne be missed in hip hop?


Ms.Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment